This week we discuss Facebook’s acquisition of Oculus, what this means for the Rift, VR, virtual worlds and more!
This week’s topics include:
- Facebook Acquires Oculus VR for $2 Billion
- Hunger in Los Angeles, a VR project, Debuts At Sundance
- Kickstarter Backlash: Early Oculus Supporters Hate Facebook Deal
- Minecraft Creator Dumps Oculus: ‘Facebook Creeps Me Out’
- Zuckerburg visits Stanford’s Jeremy Bailenson
- Philip Rosedale Aims to Make High Fidelity the Repository for Metaverse Identity
- Avatars and Virtual Body Language with special guest Jeffrey Ventrella
- Why The Imminent New Age of Immersive VR is Utter Bullshit
- Conan Welcomes You To CONAN360°
- What do you want the Mipsters to do next?
Karl Stiefvater (Qarl Fizz, formerly Qarl Linden) is visual effects artist, software developer, and interactive designer extraordinaire.
William Reed Seal-Foss is a 3D artist and virtual world content creator.