This week we discuss Linden Lab’s updated Policy on Third Party Viewers, how the controversial new clauses will effect your Second Life experience and more.
This week’s topics include:
- How the Updated Policy on Third Party Viewers Will Effect Second Life
- Breaking “true online status”
- Problems with “the old” Linden Lab
- Third Party Viewer (TPV) coders don’t appear to presently contribute code to LL
- Were Viewer/Client tags really causing a problem?
- Confusion as to what is a “shared experience”
- Balancing open source
- Why do we even want open source?
- Why create this policy now?
- How these new clauses might effect the mesh clothing deformer project
- Past history
- Saffia’s post on Prim Perfect “They Don’t Know About Us”
- Listening and communicating
- Botgirl’s Take on Why Linden Lab is Investing in New Products Instead of Second Life
- Are the Lindens afraid of tackling the big engineering challenges?
- How a negative attitude might be hurting your business
- Valentine’s and Superflufee
- March Mesh Madness
- Epoch Legend Fair
- Mix + Mesh
Bernhard Drax (Draxtor Despres) is a musician, new media producer, and machinima journalist.
Karl Stiefvater (Qarl Fizz, formerly Qarl Linden) is visual effects artist, software developer, and interactive designer extraordinaire.
Thank you to our sponsor, Pretty Feet!