This week we discuss the disastrous release of EA’s SimCity, Digital Rights Management, content theft, Second Life management and more!
This week’s topics include:
- EA’s botched launch of latest ‘SimCity’ leaves gamers fuming
- EA Patches SimCity and Throws Free Games at Disgruntled Customers
- Gamers confront EA: ‘SimCity’ plays fine offline
- DRM (Digital Rights Management)
- Can content theft really be prevented?
- Linden Lab Quietly Offering 50% Discounts to Select Non-Profit & Educational Groups
- New Social Media Startup Launches, Shuts Down Within 45 Minutes
- SLCC 2011
- Jo Yardley shares Westfries Museum and hopes for SL
- Bitcoin gambling
- MTV’s Catfish is Seeking Second Life Stories
- Botgirl’s Take on Catfish’s Call for Second Life Participants
- The Drax Files: World Makers [Episode 1: Kriss Lehmann]
Bernhard Drax (Draxtor Despres) is a musician, new media producer, and machinima journalist.
Karl Stiefvater (Qarl Fizz, formerly Qarl Linden) is visual effects artist, software developer, and interactive designer extraordinaire.
William Reed Seal-Foss is a 3D artist and virtual world content creator.