The Metareality Podcast is a weekly podcast hosted by Kimberly Winnington about virtual worlds, virtual reality, social media and other tech related topics.
Each show features news and discussions about current hot topics and in-depth conversations with leading thinkers inside and outside the metaverse community exploring their thoughts on emerging technologies and how they are using them for business, education and more.
- Second Life 2This week we discuss the recent announcement by Linden Lab that they are making a "next generation virtual world!" Continue reading →
- Cocky and I Love ItThis week we discuss the future of virtual reality and virtual worlds, Linden Lab's open apology, High Fidelity's progress and more! Continue reading → […]
- Latency SensitivityThis week we recap the Silicon Valley Virtual Reality conference including Philip Rosedale's keynote, thoughts from Oculus founder Palmer Luckey, using the Rift with Second Life and more! Continue reading → […]
- Occupy MetaRealityThis week we discuss Thursday's FCC's vote to move forward potentially against net neutrality, if Second Life is dead and more! Continue reading →
- Worlds to ComeThis week we discuss large scale metaverse plans from High Fidelity and Oculus, wearable tech from Apple, the ongoing fight for net neutrality and more! Continue reading →
- The Fast LaneThis week we discuss net neutrality, virtual reality, High Fidelity's new virtual world and more! Continue reading →
- FuturismThis week we discuss Reddit censorship, futurism, virtual reality and the Oculus Rift, wearable technology, the possible end of net neutrality and more! Continue reading →
- Streisand EffectThis week we discuss Reddit moderators and censorship, Ebbe Altburg's keynote at VWBPE, the story behind the Facebook-Oculus deal and more. Continue reading →
- CopycatsThis week we discuss content and preservation, future metaverse aspects, platforms copying from successful tech and more. Continue reading → […]
- White HotThis week we discuss Facebook's acquisition of Oculus, what this means for the Rift, VR, virtual worlds and more! Continue reading →
- Second Life 2
TagsApple Augmented Reality avatar avatars Bitcoin Cloud Party Community Cory Ondrejka deformer Dio Facebook Faceboook Google+ High Fidelity identity Jeremy Bailenson Kinect LEA Linden Lab marketing materials mesh mesh deformer metaverse mobile net neutrality Oculus Rift Opensim Patterns Philip Rosedale Pinterest Qarl Rod Humble Second Life Skyrim SL SL9B social media Steam Twitter Valve virtual virtual reality virtual worlds VR
Tag Archives: Pathfinder
This week we welcome special guest John “Pathfinder” Lester as we take a look at the past and future of virtual worlds and he catches us up on what’s he’s been working on over at ReactionGrid. Continue reading →