This week we recap and discuss all the news and gossip coming out of this year’s Second Life Community Convention (SLCC).
This week’s topics include:
- Linden Lab CEO Rod Humble’s Keynote Address
- Linden Lab creating new products
- Blue Mars Lite takes 3D avatars to Google Street View
- Linden Lab still debating rebranding Second Life?
- Linden Lab company goals
- Linden curated area in Second Life
- Rod Humble’s business style
- In-world experience
- Linden Lab’s areas of focus
- Community Gateways
- Prototype game by the product team
- Identity/anonymity & social media
- Mesh Support announcements
- Second Life affiliate program
- Destination Guide
- Marketplace & directly delivery
- Draxtor’s video coverage of SLCC
- Full recap of SLCC with slides and videos
William Reed Seal-Foss (Reed Steamroller) is a 3D artist and virtual world content creator for Sand Castle Studios, LLC.
Bernhard Drax (Draxtor Despres) is a musician, new media producer, and machinima journalist.
Karl Stiefvater (Qarl Fizz, formerly Qarl Linden) is visual effects artist, software developer, and interactive designer extraordinaire.