This week we discuss the impact a brand new Second Life might have, abuse of the DMCA process, the SL mesh clothing deformer, SL9B, E3, Airtime and more!
This week’s topics include:
- Answering questions from last week
- What would a new Second Life look/fuction like?
- Would users really switch?
- What we want to change/fix/add?
- Could they be connected?
- Content theft and DMCA process
- SL Advanced tools capability used for griefing
- A closer look at Pathfinding
- Mesh Deformer Update
- Three months (or so) with the LEA
- SL9B Updates from Saffia
- Bee, a New Interactive Novella from Linden Lab’s Dio-Developer Emily Short
- Blue Mars Mobile update
- E3 -> ZombiU, SmartGlass, Watch Dogs, Hawken, SimCity and more!
- 6.5 Million Encrypted LinkedIn Passwords Leaked Online
- Mainit’s Baustein store on Marketplace
Mainit Hellman is a Second Life user and content creator since 2008. He is best known in the virtual world as the owner of Baustein where you can find his low prim, but detailed prefabs, furniture, and outdoor accessories. He is also the co-owner of ExperiMENTAL Studios and an active plurker.
Saffia Widdershins (brief appearance providing an SL9B update) is a well known Second Life user, community leader, andblogger. She is best known as Owner and CEO of Prim Perfect Publications, publisher and editor of Prim Perfect Magazine and as a co-host of the Treet.tv show Designing Worlds.
Karl Stiefvater (Qarl Fizz, formerly Qarl Linden) is visual effects artist, software developer, and interactive designer extraordinaire.