This week we discuss the “Uncanny Valley” effect, examine if mesh clothing in Second Life is the latest victim of the effect, review the Facebook IPO & more!
This week’s topics include:
- Last names returning to Second Life
- Are last really an important issue?
- Why didn’t we get Display Names right the first time?
- How can we improve testing/feedback of new features?
- “Community titles” & how will it be different then past ratings?
- Linden Lab’s simple inventory project viewer
- Uncanny Valley
- Storytelling and the ‘Uncanny Valley’
- Do cartoons and therefore cartoon looking avatars signal us to play/participate?
- Does the “Uncanny Valley” effect contribute to why people dislike Second Life?
- Mesh clothing and the “Uncanny Valley”
- Nalates vs. Drax
- Second Life Love Notes
- New Second Life product coming?
- Ballet Pixelle
- Facebook IPO
- Is Facebook advertising effective?
- Google+ Hangouts
- Google+ allows pseudonyms, sort of
- Skyrim Creator Kit
- Frank Schätzing’s Limit
Bernhard Drax (Draxtor Despres) is a musician, new media producer, and machinima journalist.
Karl Stiefvater (Qarl Fizz, formerly Qarl Linden) is visual effects artist, software developer, and interactive designer extraordinaire.
Thank you to our sponsor, Pretty Feet!