This week we discuss Second Life’s 9th birthday celebration, mobile Second Life options, Linden Lab’s next project, region idling, Facebook’s IPO and more with special guest Saffia Widdershins!
This week’s topics include:
- Second Life’s Ninth Birthday Celebration is Coming!
- What happened with the LEA and Linden Lab negotiations
- How this year’s celebration is coming together
- How to get involved in SL9B
- What exhibitors can expect (rules, etc)
- Sign up to exhibit, perform, volunteer and more!
- 5th Annual Second Life Home & Garden Expo
- Lumiya: Second Life for Android Phones & Tablets
- A Simple Bridge Solution for a Mobile Second Life and OpenSim Client
- Linden Lab’s Emily Short Drops Hints on Linden’s Next Project
- Happy Hunting on Treet
- Do Mobile SL clients violate the new “shared experience” clause of the TPV policy?
- SL Region Idling
- The cost of Second Life SIMs
- The Size of Second Life
- Bodies Inert, They Moved a Robot With Their Minds
- Brains in vats
- Google Search Just Got 1,000 Times Smarter
- Facebook’s Eduardo Saverin gives up citizenship
- Connection between the Social Network and Second Life
- Senators Unveil the ‘Ex-Patriot Act’ to Respond to Saverin’s Tax ‘Scheme’
- GM Says Facebook Ads Don’t Pay Off
- Facebook IPO is official: $38 per share
- Raglan Shire Artwalk
- Designing Worlds discovers Not Everything Is Plain Black & White in Inworldz
- Fantasy Faire 2012: Shifting Sands by Kayle Matzerath
- Join us on Monday at 2pm SLT when Designing Worlds visits the Virtual Mine
Saffia Widdershins is a well known Second Life user, community leader, and blogger. She is best known as Owner and CEO of Prim Perfect Publications, publisher and editor of Prim Perfect Magazine and as a co-host of the Treet.tv show Designing Worlds.
Karl Stiefvater (Qarl Fizz, formerly Qarl Linden) is visual effects artist, software developer, and interactive designer extraordinaire.