This week we take a look at some of the more technical news coming out of virtual worlds, break it down, and examine how it might impact the future of virtual spaces.
This week’s topics include:
- Rik Riel’s coverage of the Egypt SIM in Second Life
- Follow up to Blue Mars podcast and new developments
- Does open space building work?
- Microsoft Kinect to SL software released
- History of cam to SL technologies
- Handsfree 3D
- Gesture Recognition project
- Puppeteering project
- Networked Social Signalling
- World builder
- Is JSGameBench the future of virtual worlds?
- Would a web based viewer actually help with adoption?
- Ciaran Laval’s Creepy Facebook Advertising Should End Widgets
William Reed Seal-Foss (Reed Steamroller) is a 3D artist and virtual world content creator for Sand Castle Studios, LLC.
Bernhard Drax (Draxtor Despres) is a musician, new media producer, and machinima journalist.
Karl Stiefvater (Qarl Fizz, formerly Qarl Linden) is visual effects artist, software developer, and interactive designer extraordinaire.