This week we discuss the status of Second Life, new research from virtual worlds, Valve’s Steam Box and more!
This week’s topics include:
- Nalates’ MetaReality recaps
- Ginsu Linden “Why Second Life Failed”
- Discussion on lag
- Discussion on the first user experience
- More on Dio
- The Virtual Real Estate Market
- Second Life Materials Update
- Materials processing – more sneak peeks
- Buddhism in second life: Anthropologist studies spirituality in virtual reality
- Healing the Inner Child Through Virtual Reality and Avatar Therapy
- Study Suggests Virtual Superhero Behavior Increases Helpful Real Life Behavior
- How Facebook Graph Search might affect Second Life Residents
- How Valve’s Steam Box will reinvent the game console as you know it
- 2013 Superbowl Ads Favor URLs, Hashtags –Not Facebook
- “Because I am not here” Thesis work on four SL artists
- MeTube: August sings Carmen ‘Habanera’
Bernhard Drax (Draxtor Despres) is a musician, new media producer, and machinima journalist.
Karl Stiefvater (Qarl Fizz, formerly Qarl Linden) is visual effects artist, software developer, and interactive designer extraordinaire.