This week we discuss content and preservation, future metaverse aspects, platforms copying from successful tech and more.
This week’s topics include:
- Should platforms produce their own content to draw in users?
- Keeping great sims on the grid is not Linden Lab’s responsibility. It is ours.
- VWBPE 2014: Philip Rosedale Keynote
- Identity in the Metaverse
- Permissions with Facebook Login
- The creator of ‘Second Life’ wants to look inside your brain with the Oculus Rift
- SL Go: New Pricing, Support for More Countries
- Mark Cuban Wants To Take Over Texting
- Twitter Rolls Out New Profiles, Taking Another Page From Facebook
- Facebook’s Not Messing Around: Messenger Will Be the Only Way to Chat on Mobile
- Microsoft’s Original Programming Might Not Help The Xbox One
- Black Desert Character Creation
- Yahoo bought Cloud Party
- Silicon Valley (tv show)
Karl Stiefvater (Qarl Fizz, formerly Qarl Linden) is visual effects artist, software developer, and interactive designer extraordinaire.
William Reed Seal-Foss is a 3D artist and virtual world content creator.