This week we discuss materials and the effect they will have on Second Life, SL on Steam, the future of the metaverse, the SL mesh clothing deformer and more!
This week’s topics include:
- Linden Lab Announces the Materials Project
- What are normal and specular maps? How will they add to Second Life?
- Will these additions add more lag or increase the minimum graphic requirements?
- Second Life is Expanding to Steam
- How Will Steam Change Second Life?
- Valve Developments
- Valve’s Source Engine Used in “Deep”
- Why Anyone Who Cares About the Metaverse Needs to Move Beyond Second Life
- Botgirl’s take on the future of the Metaverse: If there has been a failure, it is ours
- More thoughts on the present and future Metaverse
- SL Still Change the World?
- Cloud Party Update
- Mesh Deformer Updates
Bernhard Drax (Draxtor Despres) is a musician, new media producer, and machinima journalist.
Karl Stiefvater (Qarl Fizz, formerly Qarl Linden) is visual effects artist, software developer, and interactive designer extraordinaire.